Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Year, New Semester

      The spring semester began on January 5, 2015, a week before the start of the undergraduate classes. The bare and quiet campus was reminiscent of last summer when I first started at Tulane University. It is hard to believe that I have completed over half the program. That said, I am excited for the upcoming semester and its various electives. One class I am particularly looking forward to is Environmental Pharmacology which will focus on the role environmental factors play on human health. This is a field that has historically been under-researched and under-funded; however, it is also a topic on which with the next generation of physicians will need to be knowledgable.
     Another upcoming change for this semester is that I have added some volunteer hours to my work in the Emergency Department at Touro Infirmary. In addition to my Friday shift, I have added a shift on Saturday, which appears to have a more relaxed atmosphere and slower pace. I am also looking to add some volunteer work by volunteering with the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans. Working with individuals who have autism has been a previous interest of mine and I am thrilled to continue expanding my skills and experience in this area. My first volunteer experience with ASGNO will be at their first Family Game Night on February 6, more information to come on that next month...


No comments:

Post a Comment